Any references to “you” or “your” refer to you, as a user of the Service. References to “we,” “us” and “our” refer to Fusion.
III. How the Fusion Movement Service Works
Fusion Polyamory is an online media service and community whereby users (hereinafter “Users”) may submit, access, view and interact with certain textual and audio-visual content (the “Content”).
IV. Your Use of the Service
You acknowledge and agree that any Content provided by you to Fusion is non-confidential and may be posted publicly to the Service in our sole discretion (though Fusion makes no guarantees as to whether User submitted Content shall be used on the Service). We shall be entitled to the unrestricted use and dissemination of this Content for any lawful purpose, commercial or otherwise, without acknowledgement or compensation to you. You hereby waive all moral rights to any such Content that you submit, and you hereby warrant that any such Content is original with you or that you have the right to submit such Content (including but not limited to the right to use any audio materials contained in the Content). You agree there shall be no recourse against us for any alleged or actual infringement or misappropriation of any proprietary right in Content submitted by you to Fusion.
- You must not copy, rip or capture, or attempt to copy, rip or capture, any Content from the Service.
- You must not use any in any way that is designed to create a separate content service or that replicates any part of the Service offering.
- You must not employ scraping or similar techniques to aggregate, repurpose, republish or otherwise make use of any Content.
- You must not employ any techniques or make use of any services, automated or otherwise, designed to misrepresent your activity on the Service, including without limitation by the use of bots, botnets, scripts, apps, plugins, extensions or other automated means to register accounts, log in, play Content, or otherwise to act on your behalf, particularly where such activity occurs in a multiple or repetitive fashion. You must not offer or promote the availability of any such techniques or services to any other users of the Service.
- You must not alter or remove, attempt to alter or remove, any trademark, copyright or other proprietary or legal notices contained in, or appearing on, the Service or any Content appearing on the Service.
- You must not, and must not permit any third party to, copy or adapt the object code of the Service, or reverse engineer, reverse assemble, decompile, modify or attempt to discover any source or object code of any part of the Service, or circumvent or attempt to circumvent or copy any copy protection mechanism or access any rights management information pertaining to Content.
- You must not use the Service to upload, post, store, host, transmit, display, copy, distribute, promote, make available or otherwise communicate to the public:
- any Content that is offensive, abusive, libelous, defamatory, obscene, racist, sexually explicit, ethnically or culturally offensive, indecent, that promotes violence, terrorism, or illegal acts, incites hatred on grounds of race, gender, religion or sexual orientation, or is otherwise objectionable in Fusion’s reasonable discretion;
- any information, Content or other material that violates, plagiarizes, misappropriates or infringes the rights of third parties including, without limitation, copyright, trademark rights, rights of privacy or publicity, confidential information or any other right;
- any Content that violates, breaches or is contrary to any law, rule, regulation, court order or is otherwise is illegal or unlawful in Fusion’s reasonable opinion;
- any material of any kind that contains any virus, Trojan horse, spyware, adware, malware, bot, time bomb, worm, or other harmful or malicious component, which or might overburden, impair or disrupt the Service or servers or networks forming part of, or connected to, the Service, or which does or might restrict or inhibit any other user’s use and enjoyment of the Service; or
- any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional messages, spam or any other form of solicitation.
- You must not commit or engage in, or encourage, induce, solicit or promote, any conduct that would constitute a criminal offence, give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any law or regulation.
- You must not rent, sell or lease access to the Service, or any Content on the Service.
- You must not deliberately impersonate any person or entity or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity, for example, by registering an account in the name of another person or company, or sending messages or making comments using the name of another person.
- You must not stalk, exploit, threaten, abuse or otherwise harass another person, including but not limited to any user, or any Fusion employee.
- You must not use or attempt to use another person’s account, password, or other information, unless you have express permission from that other person.
- You must not sell or transfer, or offer to sell or transfer, any Fusion account to any third party without the prior written approval of Fusion.
- You must not collect or attempt to collect personal data, or any other kind of information about other users, including without limitation, through spidering or any form of scraping.
V. Explicit Content
Some of the Content may be considered inappropriate for those under the age of 18. Parental discretion is advised for all users of the Service under the age of 18.
VI. Copyright Infringement
The Fusion service, including all Content included on the Service and user interfaces, or delivered to Users as part of the service, including, but not limited to, text, graphics, logos, designs, photographs, button icons, images, audio/video clips, digital downloads, data compilations, and software, are the property of either Fusion or its licensors, as applicable, and are protected by United States and international copyright, trade secret or other intellectual property laws and treaties. Content shall not be reproduced or used without express written permission from Fusion or its licensors, as applicable.
Fusion reserves the right to deny or block your access to the Service if Fusion, in its sole and absolute discretion, believes that you are in violation of Fusion’s restrictions against unauthorized copying or use of our proprietary content in violation of the copyrights of Fusion or its licensors, as applicable. Fusion does not promote, foster or condone any infringing activity. The use of the Fusion Service, including Content made available to you by us, is solely for your personal and non-commercial use.
If you discover any Content on the Service that you believe infringes your copyright, please provide written notification to us which includes the following information: (1) a statement that you have identified the Content on Fusion that infringes your copyright or the copyright of a third party on whose behalf you are entitled to act; (2) a description of the copyrighted work(s) that you claim have been infringed, (3) a description of the Content that you claim is infringing and a description of where such Content can be located, (4) your full name, address and telephone number, a valid email address at which you can be contacted, and your Fusion user name, if any, (5) a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use of the material is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law, and (6) a statement by you that the information in your notice is accurate and that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the exclusive right that is allegedly infringed. In addition, if you wish for your notice to be considered as a notice pursuant to the United States Digital Millennium Copyright Act 17 U.S.C. §512(c), please also include the following: (1) with respect to your statement that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the exclusive right that is allegedly infringed, confirmation that such statement is made under penalty of perjury; and (2) your electronic or physical signature (which may be a scanned copy). Your notice should be sent to us by email to email@example.com.
VII. Blocking and Removal of Content
VIII. Third Party Websites, Services and Services
The Service may provide you with access to third party websites, databases, networks, servers, information, software, programs, systems, directories, Services, or products or services (hereinafter “External Services”).
Fusion does not have or maintain any control over External Services, and is not and cannot be responsible for their content, operation or use. By linking or otherwise displaying information from or providing access to any External Services, Fusion does not give any representation, warranty or endorsement, express or implied, with respect to the legality, accuracy, quality or authenticity of content, information or services provided by such External Services.
You are solely responsible for taking the precautions necessary to protect yourself from fraud when using External Services, and to protect your computer systems from viruses, worms, Trojan horses, and other harmful or destructive content and material that may be included on or may emanate from any External Services. Fusion disclaims any and all responsibility or liability for any harm resulting from your use of External Services, and you hereby irrevocably waive any claim against Fusion with respect to the content or operation of any External Services.
From time to time, you may choose to communicate or interact with, or obtain External Services of or from, advertisers, sponsors, or promotional partners (collectively, the “Advertisers”) found on or through the Service or a hyperlinked site, service or platform. All such communication, interaction and participation is strictly and solely between you and such Advertisers and we shall not be responsible or liable to you in any way in connection with these activities or transactions (including, without limitation, any representations, warranties, covenants, contracts or other terms or conditions that may exist between you and the Advertisers or any goods or services you may purchase or obtain from any Advertiser).
You may terminate this Agreement at any time by ceasing to use the Service. Simply deleting the Service from your mobile device will not effectively terminate this Agreement.
Once your account has been terminated, any and all Content submitted by you may be irretrievably deleted by Fusion, except to the extent that we are obliged or permitted to retain such Content, data or information for a certain period of time in accordance with applicable laws and regulations and/or to protect our legitimate business interests. You are advised to save or back up any material that you have submitted to Fusion prior to terminating your use of the Service, as Fusion assumes no liability for any material that is irretrievably deleted following any termination.
XI. Disclaimers of Warranties and Limitations on Liability
THE FUSION SERVICE, INCLUDING THE APPLICATION AND USER INTERFACES, AND ALL CONTENT AND SOFTWARE ASSOCIATED THEREWITH, OR ANY OTHER FEATURES OR FUNCTIONALITIES ASSOCIATED WITH THE FUSION SERVICE, ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” WITH ALL FAULTS AND WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. WE AND OUR LICENSORS MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND WITH RESPECT TO THE FUSION SERVICE, THE SERVICE AND USER INTERFACES, AND ALL CONTENT AND SOFTWARE ASSOCIATED THEREWITH. FUSION DOES NOT GUARANTEE, REPRESENT, OR WARRANT THAT YOUR USE OF THE FUSION SERVICE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE, AND YOU AGREE THAT FUSION MAY ELIMINATE OR OTHERWISE MODIFY ANY OR ALL ASPECTS OF THE FUSION SERVICE, INCLUDING FEATURES, WITHOUT COMPENSATION OR NOTICE TO YOU. Without limiting the foregoing, we and our licensors assume no liability or responsibility for any of the following: (i) errors or omissions in the Content delivered by the Fusion service or on the Service or user interfaces; (ii) recommendations or advice of Fusion customer service representatives; (iii) any failure or interruption in the availability of the Fusion service and/or website or user interfaces, (iv) delivery and or display of any Content contained on the Service, user interfaces, or otherwise through the Fusion service; and (v) any losses or damages arising from the use of the Content provided on the Service, user interfaces, or otherwise through the Fusion service itself, including any losses or damages arising from downloading of related software, downloading and/or use of any other software, including the remote desktop tool offered by Fusion’s customer service representatives, optical media discs or any conduct by users of the Fusion service, the Service or user interfaces. TO THE EXTENT ALLOWABLE BY LAW, WE AND OUR LICENSORS DISCLAIM ALL REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, FOR EXAMPLE, WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, SATISFACTORY QUALITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. In addition, we do not represent or warrant that the information accessible via the Service is accurate, complete or current. We do not make any representations with respect to the Content or the descriptions of any Content contained on the Service and user interfaces. We do not represent or guarantee that your use of the Fusion service will be free from interruption, loss, corruption, attack, viruses, interference, hacking, or other security intrusion and we disclaim any liability with respect thereto. No oral or written information or advice given by us or our authorized representative shall create a warranty or otherwise constitute a representation binding upon Fusion or its affiliated parties.
XIII. Assignment to Third Parties
Fusion may assign, license, or sub-license its rights and (where permissible by law) its obligations under this Agreement, in whole or in part, to any third party at any time without notice, including without limitation, to any person or entity acquiring all or substantially all of the assets or business of Fusion. You may not assign this Agreement or the rights and duties hereunder, in whole or in part, to any third party without the prior written consent of Fusion.
XV. Entire Agreement
XVI. Arbitration Agreement
If you elect to seek arbitration, you must first send to Fusion, by certified mail, a written Notice of your claim (“Notice”). If Fusion elects to seek arbitration, it will send a written Notice to the email address used for your membership account. A Notice, whether sent by you or by Fusion, must (a) describe the nature and basis of the claim or dispute; and (b) set forth the specific relief sought (“Demand”). If Fusion and you do not reach an agreement to resolve the claim within 30 days after the Notice is received, you or Fusion may commence an arbitration proceeding or file a claim in small claims court. During the arbitration, the amount of any settlement offer made by Fusion or you shall not be disclosed to the arbitrator. You may download or copy a form Notice and a form to initiate arbitration at www.adr.org. The arbitration will be governed by the Commercial Arbitration Rules and the Supplementary Procedures for Consumer Related Disputes (collectively, “AAA Rules”) of the American Arbitration Association (“AAA”), as modified by this Agreement, and will be administered by the AAA. The AAA Rules and Forms are available online at www.adr.org, by calling the AAA at 1-800-778-7879, or by writing to Fusion. The arbitrator is bound by the terms of this Agreement. All issues are for the arbitrator to decide, including issues relating to the scope and enforceability of this arbitration agreement. Unless Fusion and you agree otherwise, any arbitration hearings will take place in the county (or parish) of your billing address. (If you reside outside of the United States, any arbitration hearings will take place in your country of residence at a location reasonably convenient to you, but will remain subject to the AAA Rules including the AAA rules regarding the selection of an arbitrator). If your claim is for US$10,000 or less, we agree that you may choose whether the arbitration will be conducted solely on the basis of documents submitted to the arbitrator, through a telephonic hearing, or by an in-person hearing as established by the AAA Rules. If your claim exceeds US$10,000, the right to a hearing will be determined by the AAA Rules. Regardless of the manner in which the arbitration is conducted, the arbitrator shall issue a reasoned written decision sufficient to explain the essential findings and conclusions on which the award is based. If the arbitrator issues you an award that is greater than the value of Fusion’s last written settlement offer made before an arbitrator was selected (or if Fusion did not make a settlement offer before an arbitrator was selected), then Fusion will pay you the amount of the award or US$1,000, whichever is greater. Except as expressly set forth herein, the payment of all filing, administration and arbitrator fees will be governed by the AAA Rules.
YOU AND FUSION AGREE THAT EACH MAY BRING CLAIMS AGAINST THE OTHER ONLY IN YOUR OR ITS INDIVIDUAL CAPACITY, AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE PROCEEDING. Further, unless both you and Fusion agree otherwise, the arbitrator may not consolidate more than one person’s claims with your claims, and may not otherwise preside over any form of a representative or class proceeding. If this specific provision is found to be unenforceable, then the entirety of this arbitration provision shall be null and void. The arbitrator may award declaratory or injunctive relief only in favor of the individual party seeking relief and only to the extent necessary to provide relief warranted by that party’s individual claim.
XVII. Governing Law